Here is an overview of the Russell Reynolds Associates Teambuilding activity held on Monday 10th October 18:30-19:30. The aim was to build trust, develop communication skills, to bond as a group. There were 70 Participants split into 4 teams of 17-18.
Jennifer Leff : Russell Reynolds Associates
* Demonstration of all tasks to begin with (Instruction cards at all stations) :10 minutes
* Select team members to fill the various roles (team leader, team motivator, scorer) Work out each others strengths & Weaknesses : 2 minutes
* 4 Stations 4 Tasks : Time allocation 10 minutes per task with final 30 second hooter sounding: Timer starts immediately at the end of each task so straight onto next task: 40 minutes
* Each team tallies up total points scored when completing the tasks or answering the set questions : 3 minutes
* Winning Team Presentation & key lessons learnt (Q&A) : 5 minutes
1. Tour Myth Quiz: Place your bets! Guess the odds of US Tour players holing putts from 3-6-10-20-30 foot putts & how close on average in feet do they hit it to the pin from 50-100-150-200 yards : Teams place their allotted casino style chips on their estimates. (Key lesson about knowing your competitors!)
2. Putting Communication Exercise: 6 blind folded putters – 6 navigators. Putt around obstacles until all balls have been holed. Teacher & Student (2 minute lesson on the basics of putting) Timed exercise.
3. Tag Chipping: Slam Dunk Net: Score points per chip from mat whilst running to & tagging waiting team mates: 2 mats : 6 team members per mat (Basics of chipping foundation explained)
4. Creative Exercise: Design a crazy putting golf hole using supplied materials & literally themselves (twister meets golf): once operational a player completes the hole: points for most inventive & effective design. (Flip chart for initial plan)
The keep me up speed challenge:
Bag of balls, a net 5 feet away, the most amount of balls in the net wins, sounds easy but the only way to score is to not let the ball hit the floor (can only use a club not your hands/body) so the ball is balanced on the club face or tapped up and down on the clubface. Players can start the ball bouncing on the clubface with help from team members…
These activities are based indoors or outdoors dependant on the weather.
To see how Golf could be a great team building activity for your management or employees both non golfer and golfer contact Carl on 07930 365866
Click here to print out a Carl Watts Activities Menu